Chandra Grahan is the Hindi term for a lunar eclipse and Lunar Eclipse 2023 will occur on 5th May 2023. Lunar Eclipses are rare and wonderful phenomena that you don’t want to miss but you all have to take precautions to see Chandra Grahan 2023. To watch a lunar eclipse, You can use your eyes, binoculars or a telescope to enjoy the spectacle. However, you do need clear skies and a good view of the horizon. The best time to watch a lunar eclipse 2023 is when it is at its peak, which is when the Moon is fully or partially in the umbra.
Lunar Eclipse 2023 Date and Time
The first Lunar Eclipse of 2023 will be a Penumbral Eclipse and occur on the full moon of the Vaishakh Month. Penumbral Eclipse means that only the outer part of the Earth’s shadow, called the penumbra, will fall on the Moon. This makes the Moon appear slightly darker than usual, but not completely dark and that is a reason that it will not be visible in India. As Per Astrologers this Lunar Eclipse will occur in Libra Zodiac. If you are interested in lunar Eclipses and want to know more about it you can read this Article.
|Event name||Lunar Eclipse or Chandra Grahan 2023|
|Other Name||Penumbral Eclipse|
|Lunar Eclipse 2023 Date||5th May to 6th May 2023|
|Lunar Eclipse 2023 Timing||8:45pm to 1:00 am|
|Param Gras time||10:53 pm|
|Visible||Australia, New Zealand, eastern Asia, western North America and South America etc.|
|Second Lunar Eclipse 2023 Date||28th October to 29th October 2023|
Chandra Grahan 2023 Date and Time
- The Primary Lunar obscuration of 2023 will happen on 5th May and will be Penumbral according to reports.
- The first Chandra Grahan of the year 2023 will start from 8:45 pm on 5th May and will end at 1:00 am on 6th May 2023. This day is also called Vaishakh Purnima.
- The Param gras time of the lunar eclipse is at 10:53 pm.
- The sutak period is not applicable in this Chandra Grahan that starts 9 hours before Chandra grahan because the first Lunar Eclipse of the year will not be visible in India therefore the sutak period is not valid here.
What is Chandra Grahan 2023 and How To Watch
- A Chandra Grahan or Lunar Eclipse is a phenomenon that occurs when the Moon passes through the shadow of Earth, opposite the Sun.
- This means that Earth blocks some or all of the sunlight from reaching the Moon.
- A Chandra Grahan can only happen at full moon and not every month because the Moon’s orbit around Earth is tilted by about 5 degrees compared to Earth’s orbit around the Sun. Therefore, most of the time, the Moon is either above or below Earth’s shadow and does not get eclipsed.
- There are different types of lunar eclipses depending on how much of the Moon is covered by Earth’s shadow. A total lunar eclipse happens when the entire Moon is in Earth’s darkest shadow, called the umbra. A partial lunar eclipse happens when only part of the Moon is in the umbra.
- A penumbral lunar eclipse happens when the Moon is in Earth’s lighter shadow, called the penumbra.
- In 2023, there will be two lunar eclipses: a penumbral one on May 5-6 and a partial one on October 28-29.
Lunar Eclipse 2023 Precautions
- The Lunar Eclipses of 2023 will be visible from different parts of the world. The Lunar Eclipse 2023 Date is on May 5 will be best seen from Australia, New Zealand, eastern Asia, western North America and South America.
- To watch a Lunar Eclipse, you do not need any special equipment or protection. You can use your eyes or take the help of a telescope to enjoy the Chandra Grahan2023.
- As Per Astrologer and reports the first Chandra Grahan will not be visible in India therefore Indian Peoples are not able to enjoy the Lunar Eclipse live but they can see it from their Mobile phones and on TV.
- In India There are some Myths related to Chandra Grhan or Lunar Eclipse such as given below.
- In indian Cultures there are some precautions that indian people have take like
1. They avoid Eating and Bathing during the Chandra Grahan or Lunar Eclipse.
2. They also Avoid Sleeping and Healing of wounds Slows at the time of Lunar Eclipse.
3. In India there is a very strong belief that chandra grahan is harmful for Pregnant women. That’s why as per Indian astrology all pregnant women take care of themselves and her child.
4. During the Chandra Grahan 2023 Date & Time, Pregnant women should take relevant precautions; such as they can’t sleep and eat at that time and are not allowed to go outside.
How To Watch Lunar Eclipse 2023
- You do not need any special equipment or protection to observe it, as it is safe to look at the Moon with your naked eyes.
- To watch the Lunar Eclipse 2023, you will need a clear sky and a good view of the Moon.
- As per Indian Astrologer, To watch Lunar Eclipse is harmful for people and for pregnant ladies there are very strict precautions to take at the time of Lunar Eclipse.
- People who want to watch the Lunar Eclipse 2023 are able to watch from their eyes when the Moon is covered 70% by the Earth.
- In India most of the People are not interested in watching Lunar Eclipse 2023 because they think it will be harmful for themself.
- The penumbral Lunar Eclipse from people who live in Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia, the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Ocean are able to watch the Lunar Eclipse on 5th May 2023.
Chandra Grahan 2023 Astrology
- According to Indian astrology, Chandra Grahan has a significant impact on human life and destiny.
- Some Indian Astrologers believe that lunar Eclipses affect the Mind, Emotions, Relationships, and Health of people depending on their moon sign or lunar mansion.
- They also suggest some Precautions to reduce the negative effects of Lunar Eclipses, such as Fasting, Chanting, Donating, and Avoiding certain activities during the Chandra Grahan period.
- If it is not visible in India then it is believed that Sutak will not be applicable in india.
- According to Indian astrology it is said that if Sutak is not applicable then People don’t need to take any Precaution during this time.
- For more information people can read the newspapers and listen to the latest news and get updates regarding the Chandra Grahan 2023 Astrology.
Q&A on Chandra Grahan 2023 Date and Time
Chandra Grahan 2023 Date is 5th May 2023.
You can Watch Lunar Eclipse 2023 with Binoculars or you can use instructions above.
2nd Chandra Grahan 2023 will be observed in October 2023.